View Single Post
Old August 10, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurvy42 View Post
OK, so I made up my mind and opened my wallet.
I had such good experiences with dd-wrt/tomato, that I thought I'd give the Shibby Tomato version a try, with a brand-new Asus N66! NCIX has them on sale right now (well, in this current sale, I haven't checked this AM if they still have 'stock').

So, I will update everyone with my opinions as I go along, since it seems others are thinking similar thoughts.

I also see all my missing posts have propagated themselves through the moderation 'stuff', sorry about that, but at least all the things I said are here now!

Thanks for reading and the input, and sorry for the moderation gunk!
I'm no big network guy, its probably my weakest 'computer' based skillset to be honest. But the one thing I can say is my Asus RT-N16 with tomato on it is the best investment I ever made. Its rock solid more then any other router Ive owned, so these asus routers get my noobie thubs up.

That being said, I debated upgrading to the 66 model for the new wifi 'AC', but until it becomes more prevalent on devices (netbooks, laptops etc) Ive decided to wait. I'm curious (honest inquiry curious) if its worth the upgrade over the N16 model, even for what you're doing?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about

Last edited by Sagath; August 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM.