View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 08:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by westom View Post
And again, scams are promoted because someone knows by ignoring all numbers.

Let's take that stepped approximation to a Sine wave. I have a UPS whose output is even 'dirtier'. And the manufacturer also called that a sine wave output. Did the manufacturer lie? Or course not. He simply used his high school mathematics. Square waves and spikes are nothing more than a sum of pure sine waves. So your 'pure sine wave' UPS can also be those same stepped waves.

Is it? Is your many $thousand UPS that 'dirty'? You must have spec numbers. No sine wave is zero %THD. Most sine wave UPSes sold to consumers look like this:
Tech Tip 03 - Indiana Business-Duke Energy

Why do I know? I own and use an oscilloscope. I ask damning questions. Am always suspicioius that doubtful of any claims made without numbers. Those UPS recommendations are the urban myths created by not providing numbers.

What does a UPS do for taimoorali007's original problem? Well the engineer who has numbers and waveforms says that UPS does nothing. The engineer, who even designed power supplies, says the best AVR and other functions are already inside those supplies.

The engineer who did this stuff for many decades also defined three different grounds. Defined different anomalies (destructive transients, noise, etc). And then said what each ground will accomplish.

Hardware protection is about earth ground. Wall receptacle safety ground does not provide hardware protection. UPS or powr strips do nothing for the missing ground. Even static electric protection is about another ground located elsewhere - underneath the shoe.

A UPS is temporary and 'dirty' power during a blackout. Those other solutions are already inside electronics. A UPS, much 'dirtier' than anything we have discussed, is still ideal power to electronics. Because electronics are so robust as to convert even that other 'dirtiest' UPS into ideal perfect voltages. And still irrelevant to his household wiring questions.
Okay, you obviously missed the point where I said we were detracting from the OP's original problem, so without causing any further distrubance (of which I am guilty of doing, and its against forum rules) let us tackle the OP's issue.

You obviously have a higher education that me, I'm still learning. YOu have the tools, thats great. I am sure if I had the tools I could go out and do what you do.
I don't.

So please, help him fix his problem.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com