View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep Facebook's TOS allows collection of device information, so I definitely won't dismiss the possibility that Facebook's app will collect any piece of information its system permissions allow.

Facebook:
Quote:
We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Facebook ... IP address and other information about things like...
Quote:
You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
  1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
I assume part of this is the Timeline they're forcing upon me on August the 14th

@JD
They technically don't own the property, but it's sort of like saying "I'll do whatever I want, for however long I want with the object in question, but it's still yours "
You are correct that Google's claims to IP aren't nearly as outrageous, but I won't quote that since this post has enough lawer-speak already.

Works cited / referred:
Data Use Policy | Facebook
Privacy Policy ? Policies & Principles ? Google
Google Terms of Service ? Policies & Principles ? Google
Facebook