View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012, 07:15 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I think the secret is heat dissipation much more than how many loops you have or placement of your components. The water absorbs heat from your components. It is not transfering cold to them. It's a matter of gaining and loosing heat and water can absorb much more heat than air. In a closed loop, the water reaches a certain temperature and it's the same temp no matter where it is in the loop. It will be almost the same before and after your CPU. What you have to do is dissipate the heat that the water is absorbing from your CPU an GPU. That's the purpose of your rads. The more surface the water will go through to loose heat is the better.
I used to run a dual loop set up. One 360 for the CPU and one 360 for the GPUs. It was a lot of trouble to maintain.
After a bit of research, I tried a single loop set up with the two 360 in series. I had absolutely no change with my CPU temp (29-30 idle, 45-48 load). But for the GPUs, the temp changed for better, even if they are immediately after my CPU... (32-35 idle, 45-50 load vs 27-30 idle, 42-45 load). And for the flow, I have 1/2 ID tubing. I am running two DDC pumps in serie. One or two pumps running have absolutely no effects on temperature. I'm cooling an i7 2600k and two eVGA GTX570 Superclocked. Those temps have been taken with everything at stock speed.
My advice is simple, don't bother with complex set ups. I don't think many small rads will do better than a 360. Stay with one loop but put more rads you can in it so it can boost heat dissipation efficiency. The rest dosn't matter that much.

Last edited by pellelu; August 7, 2012 at 07:26 AM.