View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 08:37 AM
Top Prospect

Default Torrents and Fibre Op

I'm not sure if anyone else is having these issues that I've been having, or if it's something I'm possibly doing wrong. What's happening is I can't seed consistently, as in my upload drops(private tracker) to nothing while using Utorrent and Vuze. I can download no problem, and have gone through port forwarding, set up a static ip address,set application rules, firewall rules and even placing the torrent machine in the DMZ. (which changed nothing)
I am running Bell Aliant Fibre Op 30/30 and using windows home server 2011 as my torrent machine. I am using the Actiontec router bell supplied, which by the way has a red indicator light that goes solid when utorrent is running. From what I read it means an authentication error on the router.
Or is bell limiting torrents, I enabled encryption in utorrent, and still no change.
And the weird thing is, this only started occurring 3 months ago..which is when I noticed the red light on the router.
I am no expert on networking by any means, but maybe I just overlooked a simple step, which is why I am posting. I've been messing with this for a few hours, and just feel like I am running in circles.

Thanks in advance.