View Single Post
Old July 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Default What kind of a real-world performance improvement would a 4gb 670 bring over 2gb 670?

I game at 2560x1600 on a 30" monitor, and sometimes, for those games that work correctly using SoftTH, at 4960x1600 using two side 20" monitors in portrait mode (only games using DX9 or lower work using this). I play BF3, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, flight sims, Arma2, and X3 Albion Prelude.

I had a terrible experience with two MSI 6970 Lightning cards in crossfire, so I sold them. That experience has me wanting to give NVIDIA a try for awhile. From what I have been reading, the 670 is a nice price/performance combination.

Because I game at fairly high resolutions and like all the settings maxed, and AA and AF on, I am thinking I would be better served by a 4gb card. Due to heat and space considerations, I am staying away from dual card solutions. Plus not all games play nice with dual cards.

I know a 690 would be the best card to get from a single card perspective, but I can't justify the price tag.

If I could gaame well on a 670, what kind of benefits (from a frames per second perspective) would a 4gb 670 bring over a 2gb 670' and is there a particular model and brand, like say the EVGA FTW, that folks recommend the most?

Thanks