View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianfeng View Post
It is just barely enough. A 6950 pulls 38-40 amps on the 12volt. a cx600 only has 40 amps on the 12v. Just enough. The gtx 570 for example says minimum 600watts but needs 42 amps in the 12v. These low end power supplies will run this stuff but for how long this is a bottom of the barrel psu running 300 dollar gpu. Why would you subject your card to this?
I would love to know where you are getting this information from. EVERYONE INCLUDING AMD DEALS IN WATTS. Every Video Card Manufacturer states their power requirements in watts. Why in the world would you confuse the issue with tossing in amps into this? AMD's own website states a 500 watt PSU to run your system and this card. Aside from being wrong and bringing an nVidia card into this discussion that have no bearing since we are talking about a 6950 you are just making it harder for the OP to make a decision.

We are telling him to pick up a Quality Brand Name 750 watt PSU which will more then work well in his case.

To the OP:
I invite you to take a quick check on the web on other websites that review your type of card and see how much power it pulls from a total system. The card normally pulls around 200 watts so you can get an idea of the total system draw when you want to run 2 of them.

Here are some examples:
AMD Radeon HD 6950 1GB Review
http://www.************/article/2011...card_review/12

Please take all of this into consideration when you make your choice of your PSU and get a good quality brand name unit. Ignore tianfeng, i'm sorry but he really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Last edited by Ravenor; July 26, 2012 at 08:06 PM.