View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
It depends on if you have a decent headset or not. If you dont already own a good headset and want an excellent combo, the Xense is the better deal. If you want a card that is a bit more advanced on the software emulation side...get the Phoebus. Its a slightly better card. The only exception is if removable op-amps matter to you. To me this is a deal breaker, but for most it is not. YMMV...but you cant go wrong with either card.

edit:
Thanks jackie :)
Well AKG, i ask as say I have a X-Fi Xtrememusic (gold jack plate model) & a just over 1 yr & abit old PC350's .... So like in that sence if i could get decent resell on the 2, would it be worth it to me to sell em & buy the xense combo deal, or more so just focus on a phoebus or other soundcard as a upgrading route to be abit more "up to date/futureproof'ed"? Keep in mind I multitask on audio as well (gaming, ventrilo & occasionaly windows media player in the background) ... so like say 70% of the time "gaming" & 15% of the time each of music/movie watching + recording guitar stuff for utube video's. :)