View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
Trial Member

Default Not sure the issue I had/have is same, but try this

When I first built the board I was using 1 x discrete graphics card and connected a single monitor to the DVI port, it was coming up blank, I moved the card to the 3rd slot and bang it worked great, only issue is that slot is 8x only however it's been proven no card takes advantage of full bandwidth of pcie 3.0 16x anyway.

I then purchased a second card and setup crossfire, moved the monitor to the card in slot 1 and bang it worked very strange but great it works.

Now this is where it gets interesting, I upgraded to a 7970 (previous cards were 7770), in the meantime I purchased 3 monitors and setup eyefinity, once I changed out the card I decided to try both slots, this is the really interesting part.

Slot 3 (middle of board) would post all 3 screens (1 x DVI, 1X HDMI, 1 x DP), and came up as PCIE 3.0 x 8.

Slot 1 (Closed 16x to the CPU) would post only 2 screens, HDMI & DP but not the DVI, however DVI comes up once in windows.

This has been happening to me since 1.2 and I'm now on 2.0 and still persists however given I get everything once in windows and 2 screens show post I haven't been bothered.

I recommend you try 2 things.

1. Try plugging into HDMI if yours is in slot 1.

2. Try card in Slot 3 (middle of board), this will give you 8x but I can confirm that even with 7970 there is no performance drop at all, I got over 10,000 P in 3dmark after overclocking my 7970 proof here AMD Radeon HD 7970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3570K Processor,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 score: P10305 3DMarks

Hope this helps

Brian

BTW: I'm an Aussie :)