Palit HD4870 Review Comment Thread
View Single Post
June 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Thomas Ontario close to london
My System Specs
Dang. Well before I say anything. Thank you SKY/HWC! Thank you guys so much. Very nice review and definitely the best review so far on the 4870 on the internet. I would just love to see some 2 4870 CF benchies. Just dying to click the purchase button but want to wait and see. Wow I am going to move from a 8800 GTS 320 mb card to 2 4870's. Also I am wondering how much more of a frame rate increase will I get for a 1 gig version?
Anyways a few questions.
1. How much of an improvement do you think CF will get?
2. How much benefit will waiting for the 1gb version to come out?
3. Do you know anything on any manufacturer having a non reference heatsink coming out in the 4870 flavore or a company that allows after market heatsinks?
4. Guestimate at the performance of the 4870 X2 and guestimate the price. PLZ :)
5. Will my current PSU handle 2 4870 plus my overclock of my Quad?
6. SKY you deserve to get payed for the best reviews I can find.
Sponsor a child!
Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
My System Specs
Asus X79 Sabertooth
Core i7 3930k @ 4.2
64GB DDR3 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX
256GB Vertex 4 (OS drive), 2 1TB EVO SSDs.
LG BH14NS40 14X Blu Ray Rewriter
Alienware Optx 3D monitor 1920x1080 120hz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to belgolas
Find all posts by belgolas