View Single Post
Old July 17, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

depends on the games you play. I have a phenom II x3 710 and a gtx 460. Most of the games I play are CPU intensive, so I am bottlenecked by it more than my 460 (I play SCII, some CIV 5 and battlefield 3...BF3 puts gpu/cpu maxed at different points in game). Our CPU and GPU are comparable, so I would say you are in the same boat as me with both major components limiting in different scenarios. Whichever you upgrade will end up being limited by the other. In all honesty I wouldn't put more money into and upgraded CPU for your platform unless you get one used for cheap. And a gpu upgrade will be help back by your CPU (wasted until you get a faster CPU)......If a new MB/CPU is not an option for you then a suggest something like a used gtx 570 that will be powerful enough to last you into an upgraded CPU down the road, but not be overly expensive as you will not be able to use its full potential until you upgrade the rest. Anything less than that and its not a substantial upgrade over what you have now.

If it was me I would save and go for a new CPU/MOB first and then a new GPU when you are able.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb