View Single Post
Old July 8, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with dandelioneater. The first thing that you'll notice is boot up times BUT you'll notice that everything will be much more snappy and responsive slowly over day to day use. You'll only notice how slow hdd's are until you no longer have an ssd. Space will become an issue if you install a lot of games so you might want to buy a second drive in addition to the ssd and put the less played ones on it. Steam mover will be able to do this pretty easily

I agree with the downgrading to the 3570k since you'll most likely not need hyperthreading unless you're rendering/encoding blue ray rips/movies or something insane like that and the money is much better spent on a faster video card.

D14 is a good cooler and I have one too but if you are not paying the sale price ($50ish usually) you might be better off getting a sealed loop cooler like a Corsair H80 since it'd be in the same price range.

Also, I really hope you aren't paying this much for a motherboard Newegg.ca - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard which is overkill to the extreme. While I don't feel comfortable making a suggestion for a motherboard as I'm not too familiar but even a p8z77v pro should be more than enough

If I were you, I'd also look into a new lcd before anything. There's really no point of splashing out so much for a system and not be able to utilize all that power (and get that ssd, don't be cheap!!!)

Edit:'d I type too slow