View Single Post
Old July 6, 2012, 12:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

your buying a Matx board but have chosen high end parts cos you plan on oc'ing and possibly doing x-fire.. and your case takes atx boards..
This REALLY doesn't make sense to me.. Get an atx board and leave yourself more wiggle room for expansion and better heat and power management than a matx one..

H100 is very over-priced for the extra performance it gives vs say the H60.. IMO you will get a minimal increase in over-clocking from the slight reduction in temperature and not worth the price.
You already stated that you want to OC, are you looking to push the most you can get from the chip or are you happy with decent 24/7 oc (around the 4.5ghz mark)?
If you are looking for the stable 24/7 clock, you could drop the hydro cooler totally and use a cheaper air solution that will still give the cooling you need.

The PSU.. your kinda in no-mans-land with 750 watt, it's a lil more than you need but not enough for x-fire.. 650 for single card or 850 for 2. (minimums, 750 is nice bit of head room for single card, 900+ for duals)

Hdd's, do you need your storage to be fast? if not (for media that doesn't require a large amount of speed) then get the green.

Blu-ray? Really?.. IMO again not worth the money.. How often do you plan on buying or renting BR movies?
If you had a large and large resolution monitor you would see the difference but on a standard 1920x1080 monitor or tv, stick to dvd or nothing. Obviously personal needs but why spend if you won't use it.

16GB ram? are you doing rendering? video editing? VM's? If no and this is a gaming and general use rig, stick to 8.. you won't use more and if you do just pick up a second kit.
no need for 2133 either.. again you won't see a difference unless benching.. G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory - G.Skill - F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

The GPU is a lil on the low side for the spend.
IMO, save else-where and drop in a 670 instead.

Again this depends on the use of the computer.. what you will be doing is very important to deciding what to buy.

Overall I still can't see why it's costing so much. Have you price-matched? I think the memoryexpress price beat is better.. not a Canadian so would be better to ask someone else's input on that..

GL with the build and don't forget to add intended use and resolution etc
(if it's gaming then the kind of games too)