Old July 5, 2012, 07:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
For an i5-3570k,

Mobo #1
Mobo #2

I prefer #1 because it's an ASUS (and I like ASUS) and it's cheaper. Whats the difference and/or pros and cons of each mobo? What would you recommend?

Thanks,

- Kara
Just a quick note... aside from the usual bells and whistles that each brand has for their own motherboards, there are a few differences...

ECS: candle handle higher-overclocked memory, has connections for more 6 Gb/s hard drives

ASUS: has PS/2 connections for mouse & keyboard (in case you're not using USB versions), has more connections on the motherboard for USB ports (in case you wanted to add more ports to your system either on the back or on your case)

Personally, I'd go for the ASUS, mainly for the reputation as a good stable platform. ECS has been around for a while, so they must be good, but ASUS is still the "Coke" to ECS' "RC Cola".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Hello fellow canucks,

After collecting information and data I've decided on a build (and replaced the content of my original post). I would greatly appreciate input on my new build as well as any potential problems I may encounter.

Buying:

CPU: i5-3570k
CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Z77 Sabertooth
GPU: GTX 670
Case: Case

Already Owned:

RAM: GSKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) (I have 2 sets with one dead stick)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W

Thanks for your time and input!

- Kara
Kara, I couldn't help but notice that you left out two, possibly three, major system parts out of your build.
1) Operating system (but if you already have a full copy, then you're ok)
2) Optical drive (most people would have a DVD drive or DVD burner in order to install stuff)
3) Most importantly.. where's the hard drive? Can't have a computer nowadays without at least one built-in hard drive.

Last edited by Arinoth; July 6, 2012 at 04:39 AM.