View Single Post
Old July 2, 2012, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverix View Post
Hi all! I am fairly new here, so if I do something wrong, I apologize.
My issue is that my PC, a custom build, can play certain games on Steam, like Rayman Origins, Super Meat Boy and Penny-Arcade episode 3 without a problem, but as soon as I try and play Max Payne 3, Team Fortress 2 or Diablo 3 at max settings, the games will crash anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour of playing them.
Initially I thought it was a heat issue, but I downloaded CPUID HWMonitorPro and the temperature levels are all within the workable ranges. I then thought it was the RAM so I ran Memtest for 7 hours straight and it did 3 passes without finding an error. Could it still be the RAM?
Also, there is a possibility that a surge could have gone through the entire thing because I had to replace my initial motherboard after it failed to boot. I also had to replace my initial graphics card because it stopped working after about 3 days, though I wasn't experiencing this problem then. I replaced them both with the same part, an Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 board and a GeForce GTX 670 respectively.
Also, I have a Seagate Barracuda ST1500DM003 that I replaced because it was making a clicking sound. The replacement makes the same sound, but it doesn't sound good. Is there any way to check the power supply to see if maybe it is not sending the proper amount to the individual parts? I have a Rosewill LIGHTNING Series LIGHTNING-800 800W Continuous @50C,80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU.
I am sorry for the massively long first post, but I simply cannot figure out what the problem is.
Thanks for the help! (Also, if you need to know any of my other parts, just let me know!)
Learn about paragraphing PLEASE.

Second you have a nice system and such a crappy power supply :( Why.