View Single Post
Old July 1, 2012, 12:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

that second one that you edited in is pretty much exactly what im looking for. thank you sir

edit - just a quick update on this. i got it off pretty quick after a bit of advice from wlw wl over on ocn. i made a little knife shaped piece of that blister pack plastic packaging to slide between the lid and the base. there are tabs at the corners of the top and bottom (relative to the corsair badge) but none on the sides. there are two wired connections on the pcb underneath (2 and 3 pin) and three screws on the pcb holding it on to the lid. the whole operation was done while the unit was still attached to the motherboard with ram installed and everything in the way. the leds look like they might be too small for my soldering skill level, and im not even sure where i would buy red ones (and the appropriate resistors). the lid itself is all glued together but it looks like it will be easy to insert something into to change the colour...just need to get some good glue to put it back together (and actually decide what im going to do now that i know how).

Last edited by t0m; July 3, 2012 at 08:25 PM.