View Single Post
Old June 23, 2012, 10:18 PM
MVP

trust me you don't want anything from AMD right now...you just can't get better bang for your money unless you are trying to make a SFF media center ONLY!

that said, here are the build I would suggest:

Build #1 power house on the cheap (gaming)
Corsair XMS3 Dominator 1333 @ 32$ (I have 2 sets of these in my own rig and 2 more sets bought by friends and they ALL clock no problem to 1600 C9 1.5v)

ASRock H61M-HVS @ 55$ you won't need anything more than this for a SB based build that you won't OC (not recommended at this price)

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 110$ very very cheap CPU that is going to do much better at the only CPU intensive game you mentioned (SC2) than the best AMD CPUs (you won't need any more than this for gaming on a budget as most games are only optimized for 2 threads anyways)

Radeon HD 7950 @ 340$ you are going to have more graphics horse power than most people around. very price efficient!

Generic Cheapo Case @ 39$ absolutly no reason why you should spend more than this on such a budget build

Total: 510$

Build 2 elegant cheap build (for web browsing and light gaming)
Corsair XMS3 Dominator 1333 @ 32$ (I have 2 sets of these in my own rig and 2 more sets bought by friends and they ALL clock no problem to 1600 C9 1.5v)

ASRock H61M-HVS @ 55$ you won't need anything more than this for a SB based build that you won't OC (not recommended at this price)

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 110$ very very cheap CPU that is going to do much better at the only CPU intensive game you mentioned (SC2) than the best AMD CPUs (you won't need any more than this for gaming on a budget as most games are only optimized for 2 threads anyways)

Lian Li PC-A04B @89$ very beautiful aluminium case!

Enermax ETS-T40-TB @29$ very very good and silent heatsink for quiet and cool browsing/gaming!

Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Windforce @ 140$-10MIR decent but not overkill and rather silent (I think, can't tell you first hand)...should do the job for the task you described.

Total: 445$ (after the 10$ MIR)

Feel free to mix and match between the 2 builds if you want more cooling/silence on the gaming rig or would want to use a more powerful gpu on the 2nd build...although that might make you go over budget.

Free shipping!

P.S. the fact that you would even consider using DDR2 ram makes me doubt the quality of your PSU so you might wana take a look in THIS or THIS for either build respectively!