View Single Post
Old June 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Having worked Rogers HSI tech support for almost a year I believe I can safely say that it's not a "Scam" on the CS part, it's the way the system is set up. The system will quite simply not allow a package to be selected for an account if the hardware isn't compatible, and in this case, even though the higher cap is something your current modem can do, I'm assuming that the higher speed requires a docsis 3 modem and thus won't allow the system to put your account on the new package.
OK, let's not call it a scam then. How about creative marketing. I don't even really need the speed upgrade, so Docsis isn't required. This is a way to sell more hardware to the unsuspecting/uneducated public. Shady or not, I'm not a fan of it, I may even not upgrade just to spite them, but they have given me good service and good discounts now that I've paid my dues so to speak, by being a customer for so long.

enaberif, I wouldn't call it being lazy, it's being practical. Would you buy premium gas for a Ford Pinto?