View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 08:46 AM
Allstar

Default Need new media player

My current Nixeus HD is failing and it's time to get it replaced. It was a fantastic unit for a while but the company basically stopped supporting it when they started working on a different unit and I have zero confidence in that company to stand by their products. I also have a couple oplay's in the house but those cause more headache's than they are worth.

So I'd like to get some suggestions from people and what everyone is using. The things I loved about the Nixeus was the option for adding an internal hard drive and it plays pretty much everything (including flac which is a must).

I don't really care if it's wireless or not as I run a hard line to it. I'd prefer that it is gigabit so it doesn't take forever to transfer files to it. Most of the files I play are mkv, mp3, and flac. I would like to see a unit that supports multichannel flac as well as multichannel aac.

Would like to see the price around $150 or less if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N