View Single Post
Old June 4, 2012, 05:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've never run into any issues whatsoever with regards to my phone lagging on ICS. Maybe I just don't have a crap ton of things trying to run at the same time, personally I enjoy running as little as I can to help optimize it's performance. I've been doing that since I bought then phone nearly 2 years ago.
I don't have many background apps running either, but multitasking definitely isn't possible, at least not at the level that new phones are able to do so. The One X (just as an example) is able to jump in and out of applications like no tomorrow. Pretty much instantaneous. On my phone, most apps take a few seconds to "load". I suppose part of my problem is that I use Swype (~14MB) and Nova launcher (~37MB) with Beautiful Widgets, Google Reader and baconreader widgets on my home screen (~24MB). But that still leaves me with 180MB of RAM free, but I guess it's not enough.

I've tried custom kernels too which bump it up to ~390MB of RAM available and even include support for swap and zram, and they actually seem to be even laggier than the stock CM9 kernel. They work great for the first couple hours, but then they get extremely slow.