View Single Post
Old June 1, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I received my Phoebus,and after some issues wit the driver cd, I have it up and running. Overall,it' sounds pretty good. I also have the Xense,and I believe it's a better sounding card when using 5.1 analog. I game only,so I can't make any comments on which card is better for music,dolby etc. etc. The Phoebus comes with a headphone adapter,and volume control pod that makes things pretty easy if you want digital surround with stereo headphones. The software control panel on the Phoebus is a bit more difficult to navigate,and has less pre-game,movie and music settings. The Xonar has a very good set of pre-sets for gaming etc.,and it does provide a much better positional awareness and surround sound when gaming with 5.1 analog speakers. I ordered a set of the new Razer Tiamat 7.1 analog headphones that were shipped and should be delivered by this Monday. I will test the 7.1 analog output of both the Phoebus and Xense,and report my opinion on which card sounds better with 7.1 compared to 5.1. I gotta tell you guys,this shit never ends. There's a new something or other every month. I love it!
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5