View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Sorry, why do I need a high performance x86 processing over battery life again?

Can you tell me of ONE real life, general usage, non-benchmark situation where a processor that's about 30% faster will make my computing experience all that much different?
You know, that battery life comment is funny, considering in real life, general usage, non-benchmark situations, that SB i5 matches power consumption with the A10. Kind of makes the 2nd point moot if I'm getting comparable battery life.

So let me get this straight here. The TWO (maybe 3) things AMD has going for them right now, is that their laptops can play games on settings "slightly" higher than "Low" (without discrete graphics), and you'll get better battery life during gaming due to the Trinity's more efficient yet powerful IGP. Oh yeah, and maybe price depending.

Like I said, the only thing that is going to determine how great Trinity actually is, is the price. Until I see a HWC review that says otherwise, every single review I've found (with maybe one outlier), has Trinity pegged as a "Good, not amazing" architecture. Depending on the price, that could go from "Good" to "Sweet jesus everyone buy 70 of these"

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
[sarcasm] Ah Sky, you're clearly just biased towards AMD. Maybe you should change your testing methodology to better reflect Intel's successes and their dominance in the X86 market. This article was chock full of ingratiating comments towards AMD. You're obviously in their pay. [/sarcasm]
Man, don't even start. Part of me wanted to write my post exactly like that guy would. But I would need to use a lot more or or

If a HWC review comes up that literally just says "Jebus you're a dirty liar Trinity is the platform of the gods", yes, I'll be willing to take that with grace.

Last edited by Jebusman; May 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM.