View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow better then this

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post
My complaint was the general tone of the conclusion from the GTX 670 review is not reflective of the true competitiveness of AMD HD 7970 / 7950 vs Nvidia GTX 680 / 670.

"With performance that comes awfully close to a fully enabled GK104, the GTX 670 poses a nightmare scenario for AMD. Fresh off a round of price drops, they now have to contend with a card that retails for the same price as a HD 7950 but runs dead even with a HD 7970 in everything except multi monitor resolutions. To add insult to injury, the Radeon cards fight a losing battle in the performance per watt and acoustics categories as well. Free game offer or not, without another $50 to $75 shaved off, we canít think of a single scenario where a gamer should choose a Tahiti-based card over the GTX 670. "

raghu78, alright; you have an obvious agenda with AMD's HD 7000 cards. I have been doing my own research - noise performance oriented specifcally - for the past number of weeks. I have rejected any and all previous gen nVidia and AMD cards. The card cannot be an HD 7750; so it has to be an HD 7770 or higher and it has to do better then an XFX HD 7770 DD OC (XFX HD 7770 Black Edition Super Overclock 1 GB Review | techPowerUp)...
Oh wait, it think I found one, it is an ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II Top (ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP 2 GB Review | techPowerUp).

Now, please do find me a better card, unless you have a "complaint" with "the general tone of the conclusion" at techPowerUp!.
Quote:
Fan noise of the ASUS GTX 670 DC II is incredible. In idle it is barely audible if you put your ear next to it - using a completely passive PC, in a quiet room. Under load the fan ramps up a tiny bit to handle the extra heat but the difference is barely measurable. As a result the GTX 670 DC II is quieter under load than most other cards in idle!! Perfect job ASUS!
I beg of you to find me a better card, please!

Last edited by EmptyMellon; May 13, 2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: sp