Thread: Check My Build
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2012, 01:01 AM
Rookie

Talking Check My Build

Hey everyone! Building a new computer by myself for the first time (built one with the help of an experienced individual) and I'd like a few more opinions on the build I've picked out. Feel free to post or send me a message with reasoning for the part switch or recommendations and I'd appreciate it greatly! I'll take any criticism I can get but preferably positive! Thanks again.

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K
Hard Drive: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2BAA 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Ram: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP16GX3M4X1600C7
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature

Again this is my first time and things like hard drive size and the amount of ram are personal preference. Thanks in advance; community on this site seems fairly solid!

EDIT

General use of the computer is gaming at max settings while providing a safe investment for the future; I'd like the computer to last a good 3 to 4 years like my current one has.

EDIT2

Included this as a reply but I'll post it on the first one as well: It was also brought to my attention I'd need to pick up a new version of windows 7 due to the OEM on my original disk? Is this true; or any possible way around it? I've thought about dropping the sound card and getting the OS instead but I wanted to check first.

EDIT3

I went ahead and removed the sound card as the money I save will allow me to purchase a gold rated power supply as someone pointed out in comments. I appreciate all the help you guys have given and will be placing my order within the next few days.

Last edited by Proudly; May 10, 2012 at 03:17 PM.