View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012, 06:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If one PC works behind a router and the other doesn't, then it's something to do with the PC. Since you tried both wired and wireless nics I'm leaning towards something software related even though you did a fresh install...
  • Is it a legit copy of the OS (if it's pirated, might be a trojan built into the OS)?
  • Did you try testing your speeds immediately after the fresh install, and prior to installing any of your apps? (Again... could be a trojan in one of those apps, and/or something that's not playing nice with your router).
  • Related to above... after the clean install, leave all settings to auto rather than attempting any manual settings.
  • On the hardware side, remove the drivers for your nic (from device manager), and then delete the card itself before attempting to install your wireless nic (ignore initial requests to install drivers for the wired nic)
  • A bit extreme, but you might want to pack up your tower and try it at a friend's house to see if the issue moves with the tower, and that will tell you for sure if it's PC related.
Seriously.... my bet's on something software related on the tower.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP