View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Phase M: Flashing Modems

Although upon flashing CM9, it will give you a modem which will likely have reception, it may not be ideally suited for our phones. From the Google Drive link in the first post, there's a folder containing my collection of modems with support for the 850MHz band which we have in Canada.

You can try them all until you find one that suits you best. Just follow the simple flashing procedure:
  1. Disconnect phone from USB (be it charging or to your PC)
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Install ZIP from SD card and select the appropriate modem you want to try
  4. Reboot the phone
It's key that your phone is disconnected when flashing. Some have reported a loss of signal entirely if they flash while connected. I've personally never experienced that, but better safe than sorry!

Phase R: Flash UGKG3

If everything goes wrong, or you simply want to blow away everything on your phone, continue here. I would personally recommend doing this, especially if your coming from other ROMs that may have flashed GT-i9000 bootloaders instead of GT-i9000M bootloaders. It likely isn't a big deal, but I cannot say for certain. If your phone powers up with a splash screen showing only "GT-i9000", then you have the wrong bootloader.

Power off your phone, remove external SD, disconnect USB. Hold VolDown + Home while pressing Power. It should boot to a "Downloading..." screen. Connect USB to PC. Windows should then install some drivers.

Open "Odin3 v1.85.exe" and make sure you see a COM port active (in yellow). Configure Odin to match the below screenshot. Then click Start. Sit back and relax until your phone reboots.

You should now be at a clean ROM, exactly as you'd receive the phone from Bell. I would recommend following Phase 2B at this point to gain root access and CWM.

Last edited by JD; October 28, 2012 at 06:42 PM.