View Single Post
May 1, 2012, 03:20 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Repost from LANPartyEH.com
Again let me first start off by saying thank you to the mods and site creators for this excellent resource, much of my research has been based off of
I'm working on my practicum for a client with a large space that would be perfect for hosting a LAN party. I pitched it as a potential revenue stream and now I am conducting a feasibility study. My goal is to create a space for the local LAN community to convene, meet and socially game. I realize it's pretty difficult for the community to find a space that meets the criteria for LANs and hope you'll help me gather some information.
1) I'd like to get an idea about the number of you concentrated in the Vancouver area.
2) I've slated the initial price point at $35-$40. I'd like to see that as a lower number, however the first event is slated at 300ish seats and I need to cover equipment costs. What are your thoughts on this price range?
3) The site we're working with has the ability to staff a concession to provide the essentials of
Bawls, Mountain Dew, Pizza, ect.
Would this be a feature that interests you?
4) Is there anything you the community would specifically like to see?
Genre of music played, table set-up, space per user, ect....
5) What games would you be interested in playing?
6) Technical Requirements.... what has worked for you guys? What hasn't? Do you have any recommendations for the network/ power/ equipment requirements?
7) Do any of you currently host a LAN party of your own? Would you be interested in helping/hosting a LAN party in Vancouver? What would you charge for your expertise?
The typical structure for events have always been a costly proposal for hosts, I believe this is a unique opportunity and if we can provide the numbers for the study this may have the ability to get some traction.
Thank you all in advance!
My System Specs
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LAN ho!
Find all posts by LAN ho!