View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 03:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Overclocking i5-2500k in an Intel DP67BG Extreme MB

As some of you would know, I recently build a new system and put an Asus P8P67-M MicroATX motherboard in it. Well I had the chance to travel to Costa Rica and a friend recommended that I buy one of Intel's Extreme series motherboards for the 1155 socket. He said Intel boards were some of the best in terms of durability and so I bought one I saw for sale in a PC shop in the city of Alajuela. The thing is, I too have heard of great things about Intel motherboards in terms of quality but now I realize that overclocking is not one of these features. The Extreme Tuning Utility( XTU) that one can download from Intel for this purpose is not the easiest application to use for a noob like myself to say the least Also, I have been advised to do the overclocking from the BIOS itself and not from the XTU app.

I wanted to know if there is a simple, step by step guide to OC 2500Ks to 4.0 Ghz for people like myself using the DP67BG board BIOS, using as little voltage as possible and nothing more. I do not want to OC any higher. This is plenty and do not seek to test boundries or anything like that. I am using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, MX-4 Artic Cooling and a 750W XFX Core Edition Pro PSU. I have 2 Caviar blue HDDs, one DVD unit and a Radeon HD 6870 GFX card.

I would greatly appreciate detailed suggestions

Peace to all

Last edited by sankukai; May 2, 2012 at 04:55 PM.