View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Rookie

Default Please Advise on 1st Time Build

Hi to everyone! I am new to the site and was directed here from a Photography/Video web site.
I am a photographer and I shoot video also, I enjoy post processing on my 5 yr old PC. I am in need of a faster more reliable PC and would like to attempt to build it myself. I have been reading and researching for about 3 months now and would like to get some direction on what components would work well together to give me good results.
I work in Adobe LR4, PS CS5, and edit video in Adobe Premiere, I also use my PC for investing, Finances, and many other house hold documents plus web browsing (I do a lot on my PC). I do not do any gamming.

I want to build a system that will give me the most speed but stable, I need to be able to process video quick and efficient.

(QUIET is important to me also, is that possible with this kind of system?)

I would like a hot swap bay for backups on a 1TB drive and I also keep all of my video and photographs on a 1TB drive that I would remove when not in use.
My budget is 2000.00 I have already purchased a Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Quiet Mid-Tower Case and a Corsair HX Professional Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Certified PS. (I know over kill but got it at a great price).
This is what I have put together so far, please guide me and make suggestions for my needs.

ASUS Deluxe Intel Z77 ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1155 Motherboard P8Z77-V DELUXE
Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R2)
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express, (this is one of Adobes recommended cards.)
3 Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache
Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s (For OS, programs, and cache setup)
Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98

Thanks for your time….

Last edited by pm8546; April 27, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something