View Single Post
Old April 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
I disagree with the above post, as my 3 year + i7 rig still spanks AMD's latest offerings around.
That wasn't the point of the post... But thank you for making clear one more time that Intel is top dog. I'm sure there were some people on here who didnt know that.

EDIT: Sorry, sometimes I let sarcasm get the better of me. In the interest of civilized discussion:

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that AMD's top end CPUs hold nothing against Intel. Yes, Intel spanks AMD's highest performers (the old Phenoms, and especially the bulldozers). I'm not sure you could find anyone in the enthusiast community who would currently argue otherwise.

The article's point however is that AMD's current strategy is starting to pay off. They don't necessarily want to compete in the high end anymore (even though they may still be developing high end chips). The want to compete in the low cost, mid-performance markets: HTPCs, ultrabooks, cheaper laptops, etc. This is why they have invested heavily in Llano and the APU side of things. They're starting to steal back marketshare from Intel based on this strategy.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;

Last edited by great_big_abyss; April 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM.