View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Because it is so random I would guess its power related. Could be the power supply, dirty power in your house (fluctuating voltages), or your motherboard. The easiest way to prove/disprove my opinion is to run other games and see what happens. If its only in certain games it could be driver related (though I don't think so). If it is power related it would shut down regardless of what game you are playing.

I know you already swapped memory, but personally I never look at the QVL for a motherboard and have never had a problem. For the most part ram is ram with incompatibilities only coming up once in a while (I have never had one). I wouldn't have mentioned that as a possible problem, though it could have been a bad stick of memory (not compatibility issue, just a stick of ram with a problem).
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb