View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
This have been on the web for 1 week and many idiot customer asked me for DDR4 stuff this week...damn people are dumb.

On the IT side. is DDR4 really needed? Yes it's good that they bring it out of research but damn wait for processor to be able to use such amount of memory and speed before getting it out, unless that intel is going to pass 15 more new socket only to use it for no real reason.
For the most part I agree, but there are cases when it would help now. AMD APU have enough graphics power (though I know still not pushing discrete any time soon) that they are memory bandwidth limited in many cases and faster ram makes a substantial difference (from reviews I have read atleast). More memory bandwidth is not going to hurt a CPU, and its going to help those running graphics that rely on it, so I say bring on DDR4.