View Single Post
Old April 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
The h4n allows to be to pull an audio track off of the wireless mic directly without any mixing so i can add it to the video later. I definitely appreciate the portability factor. Not to deminish the onboard mics as they are nothing short of amazing. In stereo the recording quality options are insane i think it goes up to 96Khz/24bit in wave and up to either 328kbps or vbr in mp3. It has a ton of options as it has 3 recording modes.

1. Stereo (pretty self explanatory, you can either record from the stereo mics or the 2 xlr inputs)
2. 4 Channel (records from both XLR and Stereo mics, results in 2 stereo wave files)
3. MTR (Multi Track, this is where this thing shines allows multi track recording and over dubbing.)
I agree, its a great mic. But after doing some more thinking, i actually decided on the Audio-Technica AT2035 along with a Tascan US-122mkII preamp. The mic is high quality, produces excellent audio and it suits my voice, and the Tascan preamp has the interface i want, supports 24bit/96Khz and after testing it, i was very pleased. I initially wanted to pull the plug on the Rode NT1-A, simply because there is more hype on the net for it, comes with wapping 10 years warranty, all the goodies (windscreen, shockmount, pouch, cable) but it was still out of my range after getting the preamp. So i've settled for what i can afford and really happy with the results. My next video for HWC will be recorded using my new setup :D!