View Single Post
Old April 9, 2012, 08:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
That turned out great!!!

The bottom mount rad is pushing me towards dropping my PA120 in when I upgrade to new (to me) hardware coming in later this week.

That motherboard looks like a better fit than mine was, especially when it comes to accessing the memory. OTOH, it looks like it was a pretty close fit for that upper fitting on the chipset block.
Thanks SSW!!

Put that rad in the bottom too man. There's tons of room for a fat 120 rad with push/pull fan config..... as long as your PSU will allow it.

The 8 pin CPU plug and that upper fitting held me back from either going with push/pull or even 38mm thick fans, but my temps are great so single 25mm fans on the top 240 are fine. My 1100T currently idles at 21*C and 7970 sits at 31*C, but both are at stock speeds still. I haven't had any time to play with overclocking yet.

*Update - Overclocked the CPU to 4.2 GHz @ 1.475V, HT Link and NB running at 2.6 GHz. GPU is still stock. Ran 3DMark 11. Saw CPU temp briefly hit 40*C during physics tests, other wise it hovered around 30*C. GPU topped out around 38*C but I saw it go higher the other night playing BF3. So far so good.

Last edited by Killswitch; April 9, 2012 at 09:59 PM.