View Single Post
Old April 6, 2012, 09:05 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Shure SM58.

Real tough to beat for under $200, even after all these years. Only drawback is the poor low frequency response, (probably due to the fact that it's a dynamic) but I've seen your reviews and your voice isn't ridiculously deep so you shouldn't have any issues with it.

The SM57 might be suitable for your voice too.
That one seems nice! Pretty good reviews! I might go for it but not sure about the interface. What should i get for the XLR input? Some sort of an amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
while it's not in your price range (look for sales or used ones) i personally use the Zoom H4N for doing training videos at work. It is simply an amazing device. Includes built in XY Stereo Mics, External Stereo mic input as well as 2 XLR-1/4" combo jacks. Can run in stereo, 4 track or MTR mode. Plus if you connect it via USB you can use it as either a SD card reader or a USB mic. Although at an MSRP of $400 it is definitely out of your budget. just something to consider. Unfortunately your limit of $200 is going to limit how many of those features you can get and still keep the quality up.
I've seen that mic and i was considering it, but i want to directly connect it to my comp and record in Adobe Audition. I'm not sure if the H4N allows that, well it has the USB interface, but does the computer detect it as a live mic?