View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Best Cooling solution for i7-3960X

Ok, hopefully people can get me some thoughts quickly as this is a somewhat rushed system, have to get what we want in for a proper quote this afternoon.

Anyways I am looking at a system with the Asus Sabertooth X79 board and most likely a 3960X for the chip. There is still a chance that the chip could go down to the 3930K though. Also there will be a full set of 8 sticks of RAM in there so be aware that we have to consider clearance.

Anyways this machine is going to be doing some very serious number crunching and will be running utilizing all cores very heavily for days at a time. So because of that I need a good cooling soluition, what do you guys think I should go with?

It will be housed in a Corsair 400R case so airflow is not an issue. I am trying to decide on what to use, I have thought about something like the Corsair H100 or maybe the Intel Liquid cooler? Or what about straight air? Any options? Maybe something like the Noctua NH-D14?

Any ideas and options welcome, and thanks for quick responses.

Oh and as for noise level, quieter is better, but not a huge deal.