View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
geokilla's Avatar
geokilla geokilla is offline
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,627

My System Specs

Default Wait or Ivy Bridge? Or Bite the Sandy Bridge?

So as you guys may remember from Replace My AM2+ Setup For Around $500, I was planning to do an upgrade last year. Yes I didn't do it yet, but I'm going to do it soon. I'm just wondering whether I should continue to wait for Ivy Bridge, or just build a Sandy Bridge PC. I have no need for whatever extra power Ivy Bridge may bring, but if it's more efficient then maybe it's worth the wait. I don't really tax my Phenom II that much anyways.

I know that Ivy Bridge has been delayed, probably for business purposes. Wiki said the launch of dual core Ivy Bridge would be June 2012.

The tempting thing about Sandy Bridge is that Memory Express has been having lots of Core i5-2500K bundle deals, albeit with Gigabyte motherboards and not with the ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 that I want.
__________________
Reply With Quote