View Single Post
Old March 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

Actually yes, I just sold my watercooled 7970's, got a great price before Kepler arrives and for the time being I have a pair of Sapphire 7870's. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the power of a pair of these compared to a pair of 7970's. With a 2500K I was seeing around 14.5K with the 7970's and just under 13K with the 7870's. I thought the difference would be greater. This may have been my error as I was running the 7970's at 7000mhz on the memory and this may have affected performance come to think of it.

The Sapphire cards are great value, they come with ALL the adapters including active DP adapter for eyefinity, and with two large fans they are quite when I game.

I do not believe that I will sell these for Kepler when it comes, a pair of these allow me to game at 2560x1440 with AF and some FSAA.....

Enjoying my gaming more than ever..

My biggest thank you for this new generation from AMD has been the new FSAA and AF algorithms that have completely solved all the shimmering texture issues I observed in games like BF2BC, BF3 and Skyrim.

I am not even sure if Nvidia have solved this issue with Kepler...