View Single Post
Old March 15, 2012, 05:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
320gb slim

i was playing my ps3 on saturday night from 9pm to 1am then 30min break shutting it down...... then play again then it was morning! play till 2 pm.

thats like 17 hours! with just one 30min break. i play many game including starhawk but mostly modnation creating tracks.... freaking time consuming without knowing the time.

the morning start out pretty warm here too making the room warm-hot early in the morning like starting 7:20 its freaking warm. no ac.

so yeah 17 hours of playing! with 30min break.

so now i start to see artifact on the graphic while playing motorstorm like the vehicle is pixelated with blue/red color. then it just back to normal by itself after a few min. after that i was pretty scared then decided to turn the ps3 off to cool it down.

i wont be turning my ps3 on for another 48 hours just to be in the safe side

my question:
once a ps3 is experiencing graphic artifact for the first time due to overheating, will it contunue to experience it? will it cause a scar? you know when human fell down and got scratch by something and it has a chance to be a scar having mark stain permanently? will ps3 be like that?
Did it only happen once? because it sounds like a random bug rather than than a result of overheating. Fun fact, when consoles overheat, then don't glitch. They just outright fail. You know, RROD and YLOD and whatnot, all that jazz. So if it really was overheating, the console would've outright crashed, not just "fixed itself" after a few minutes.