Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old March 2, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My Interview with Mass Effect 3 Producer, Jesse Houston BioWare Blog

Ok, this is the one thing that has pissed me off ever since they said they were going to ruin it with MP. Look at the following that I grabbed from the link above and tell me that it does not contradict itself.

Quote:
Does Multiplayer affect the success of my Shepard in the main story?
Absolutely. Multiplayer will definitely have an effect on your SP experience through the Galaxy at War system, so as you play the MP and the Co-Op and the more successful you are, the more that will affect your Galactic Readiness level which will then affect your end game result.
How do SP and MP work together/complement each other?
They complement each other really well in that the Galaxy at War System takes the actions played in MP and pushes them to your SP achievements. The SP elements will dovetail really nicely into those and both those actions will allow your Shepard to have a different ending depending on those actions. That said, SP can still be played all by itself without any kind of multiplayer or third party and you can still get the absolute best ending. This just gives you new options to be able to get that ending.
People like me have asked does it affect single player and we have gotten the answer yes but no. In other words they are saying (if I understand their double speak) yes you can get to the best ending with SP alone, but you will have a better time if you do the MP with it. Yes I am still getting it, as I do really want to finish this epic story, but now I will always be wondering, if I played the MP. Makes me think about the final mission in ME2, if you have done all of the loyalty missions then you have a better chance of people surviving, but it doesn't mean that everyone will survive. Then on the the flip side if you don't do all of the loyalty missions there is a good chance some will die, but it is not impossible to have them all survive. In other words most of use preferred to play the loyalty missions so we know that we are getting all of the game. I just get the feeling that I will be missing out if I don't play the MP.