View Single Post
Old March 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezern View Post
I'm trying to convey what I've been conveying since my first post: The i7-3820 is an overpriced and underperforming CPU, for gamers.

PCI-E 3.0 doesn't change that, as demonstrated by HardwareCanucks.

An excellent question sir(although a bit lazy)

If you were expecting something quite substantial from this new platform, then you haven't been paying attention.
I will be graceful enough to drop this link a second time: Hard Choices: CPUs | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Intel is under zero pressure to produce something quite substantial, so they don't release something quite substantial. That's the hard cold fact in the current market.
That article isn't needed to reach the same conclusions, but Jeremy Laird writes up what everyone should know by now and he does it well.

Let's go back to the starting point, since someone lost the thread.
I asked if someone should recommend the i7-3820 for gamers, when there is a 100 dollar cheaper CPU which provides almost the same FPS, equal FPS or better FPS, depending on the game.
So I ask again: Given the performance and price of the 2500k, should the i7-3820/LGA2011 be generally recommended over the 2500k/LGA1155 to someone in search of a new gaming PC build?

I'll throw in a second link for those of you who weren't convinced by HardwareCanucks PCI-E 3.0 vs 2.0 test:
Hard Choices: Graphics Cards | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
-give it a rest , your 2500k is EOL, it is a has been or a never was .
-for gaming you could have saved your self $500.00+ by not buying the 2500k\mobo . I know I did. not needed for gaming ,all you need - well look it up.