View Single Post
Old February 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

There is the oc of the cpu and of course the system bus and ram. Having the ram at a low divider i.e 1:1 or 1:2 1:3 can help alot as well, as can having the FSB as high as it can go stabiliy, I had my E8400 running with its FSB at around 1900 and it was smoking fast, obviously keep an eye on the temps and voltages being used, alot of Q6600 could see 3.2-3.6 but very few could get above the 3.6 mark or so, but their FSB, dividers and such on a good board could get quite up there.

Magic clock numbers for most cpus to reduce bottlnecks and such 2.8-3.0-3.2-3.4-3.6-3.9-4.0-4.2 and so forth, though the older chips had a heck of a time breaching 3.6(which most benchmark sites would try to hit as best they could) either way, fast cpu needs fast memory, fast FSB(in your case) at a very tight divider this way here the cpu gets fed as fast as can be. Having more system memory can help, as can having faster memory to begin with ddr2 800 or ddr2 1066 usually has a wider range of operating frequencies and will usually allow the cpu to get as high as it can with decent voltage/temps while still having the FSB and memory super fast.