View Single Post
Old February 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default windows 7 strange problem after running CCleaner

Hey all.

Strange problem here.

Computer is running windows 7 home edition, and my little bro decided to run Spybot S&D and also CCleaner because he felt it was running slowly. After having run both programs and rebooting, all icons (spare a few ones here and there) have been replaced with blank white placeholder icons. Furthermore, in attempting to open a few different things I was given the following red X errors:

-'Computer' -- "the parameter is incorrect"
-'Control Panel' -- "This file does not have a program associated with it for performance of this action. Please install a program or create an association in the default programs control panel"
-'explorer.exe' -- "This file does not have a program associated with it for performance of this action. Please install a program or create an association in the default programs control panel"

Further to this, I was able to access the files of this computer via network from my laptop (to back up the files i needed).

Any ideas as to what went wrong? and better yet, how can I fix this atrocity? I suspect that CCleaner was not run correctly or interrupted before it could finish.