Thread: HTPC Build
View Single Post
Old June 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default HTPC Build

Well, i've finally got almost all of the parts in for my htpc.

That, obviously is my case. I painted the inside all black, and cut a plexiglass window for the top, so you can see in.

That is with the plexiglass just laying on top. I have got to figure out a way to mount it. I am also kind of nervous of drilling ventilation holes in it, because i don't want to crack it. So i've got to try it on the rest of the plexiglass sheet. I just haven't done it yet.

The rest of my build is including the Asus M3A78 HDMI 780G motherboard, AMD x2 4800+, 2 gigs of crucial rendition 667 mhz ram, and an asus 3450 Fanless video card. I'm hoping the case's 250W mATX psu will be enough, i'm not sure though :( i can't find any other mATX psus

I'm also going to water cool it :P I'm using the DB-1 because it is small and cheap, the mcr120 qp res and a swiftech apogee GT cpu block.

I messed up on the mcr120. I thought it said g1/4" threaded, but it was 1/4" barbs, so i'm going to have to order 1/4" tubing, and a 1/2 to 1/4" reducer. I also need to figure out a way to mount my rad. I was hoping to mount it inside, but that is looking grim. the only fan port on the case is an 80 mm and the rad is 120