Thread: HTPC Build
View Single Post
Old June 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
Default HTPC Build

Well, i've finally got almost all of the parts in for my htpc.

That, obviously is my case. I painted the inside all black, and cut a plexiglass window for the top, so you can see in.

That is with the plexiglass just laying on top. I have got to figure out a way to mount it. I am also kind of nervous of drilling ventilation holes in it, because i don't want to crack it. So i've got to try it on the rest of the plexiglass sheet. I just haven't done it yet.

The rest of my build is including the Asus M3A78 HDMI 780G motherboard, AMD x2 4800+, 2 gigs of crucial rendition 667 mhz ram, and an asus 3450 Fanless video card. I'm hoping the case's 250W mATX psu will be enough, i'm not sure though :( i can't find any other mATX psus

I'm also going to water cool it :P I'm using the DB-1 because it is small and cheap, the mcr120 qp res and a swiftech apogee GT cpu block.

I messed up on the mcr120. I thought it said g1/4" threaded, but it was 1/4" barbs, so i'm going to have to order 1/4" tubing, and a 1/2 to 1/4" reducer. I also need to figure out a way to mount my rad. I was hoping to mount it inside, but that is looking grim. the only fan port on the case is an 80 mm and the rad is 120
(whitty saying to be plagiarized at a later date)