View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Nitpick:
I just finished working on a statistical analysis, evidently I'm in copy-editing mode.

Page 1
First paragraph under the lineup chart: "With the HD 7770 and HD 7750 being released, AMD now has four products from current and previous generations all within a narrow bracket of just $35."

I might be missing something but whether I start with the 6850 and count the three products below it, or start with the 6770 and count up three products, the price span on four products is either $46 or $60.

Page 2
Last paragraph of the 7770 description: "The heatsink covers a basic X + x phase power distribution setup."
First paragraph of the 7750 description: "AMD’s HD 7750 is one small card with a length of just xxxx” or barely longer than a PCI-E x16 slot."

Unless we're now using Roman numerals, I think some digits need to be filled in.

Page 3
Second paragraph of XFX description: "The Double Dissipation heatsink is quite extensive for such an efficient card to it doesn’t add to the HD 7770’s reference length of just over 8”. XFX has also equipped it with a small vapour chamber above the core along with a pair of 80mm intake fans" (Canadian spelling seems appropriate for this site)

Page 14
Second paragraph under Temperatures graph: "The XFX Double Dissipation heatsink once again posts worse numbers than the reference design but as we will see below, it’s slightly higher temperatures"

Acoustics chart: two entries labelled HD 6790 1GB with differing values

Page 16
First paragraph: ", a good jump in core per core performance"

Second paragraph under 7770 comparison chart: "The XFX Black Edition DD is a great little card that can keep pace with and usually beat an HD 6850."

Other tendency I noticed was the lack of hyphens in what are normally hyphenated words throughout this review. That, and the use of single hyphens where a double-hyphen or em dash would be appropriate.

Last edited by Galcobar; February 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM.