View Single Post
Old January 31, 2012, 06:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
There really isn't any way to compare one architecture to another unless the clocks are normalized across ALL platforms or multiple CPUs from each platform are tested.
Exactly, that is such bs article. Sure I get that they went by price but every one knows bulldozer would get killed even at a faster speed, but why would you even bother comparing an old chip like Nehalem, which no one buys anymore and not run it at the same speed. I've had my I7-920 for almost 3 years and that tells me nothing about if it would truly benefit someone to upgrade from a 3.3Ghz(min runs at 4) nehalem to a 3.3GHz Sandybrige with the new cards. I'm betting not, other than a chance of a higher overclock which has no guarantee and could get a dud, since the sandybridge is only 17% faster while being clocked 20% faster. The real world could be different though and unless you run them both at the same speed this doesn't indicate which platform it runs best on.

I have no plan on upgrading but it seems like every article like this does this and never shows a direct comparison in architecture.