View Single Post
Old January 30, 2012, 02:25 PM

My System Specs

Default OCN Gauging Interest - Large Canada Day LAN and OCing Event - Toronto

I just thought I would post this here as some may not frequent OCN often, but would be interested in coming out to experience such an event.

They are trying to gauge interest to see if this is something that could be put together. If you are interested, please let them know and help make such an event possible! I will be attending and a few others have already confirmed that they would as well.

$10,000 Prizing | Interest in Large Canada Day LAN and OCing Event - Toronto?

Quote: is looking to throw a large event this year in Canada.*Whether you game or benchmark, we want to have something there for you.

This will not be your normal event. We would be holding it at a very cool downtown Toronto venue.*
  • Cost would be free to come. You have to bring your own gear.
  • We are thinking of having it on either*June 30th (Saturday) or July 1st (Sunday).
  • Doors would most likely open at 10am and the event would run through to 2am.
  • All ages (but alcohol would be served to those who are legal drinking age)
  • Event would be livecast
  • Prizes would be available ($10,000 we are thinking)
  • Learn from pros / bench with pros
  • Compete to be the King*of the LAN

Please post in this thread if you would be interested in coming to such an event. We are really trying to figure out some numbers before we finalize things. We are ideally looking for 150 people :) We need some indication enough people can make the trip / will be around that weekend.

The goal is to have one of the best events the industry has seen in Toronto - then do these elsewhere around the world. Vegas would be on our future consideration list for sure ;)