View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Of course that would be a best case scenario, but most of what we get will be ports. I have no doubt that anything based on the 6670 will work great in a console when it comes out, its the games 1 or 2 years after the 720 is released that I am wondering about.

It could very well be that they want to go back to releasing a new system more often then once every 8 or 9 years though.
I don't know about that, Microsoft definately made a crapload of money off the 360 and it's longevity definitely had a lot to do with that. When you can compete without putting much money into RNG (which I'm only assuming they haven't otherwise we would've had a new console for a couple years now) and without bringing out new products you are in really good shape.

It is kind of like where intel is at right now, Intel doesn't have to spend the money, they are pretty much 5 years ahead right now so if they really wanted to they could just make a crapload of cash for 5 years off of IB and IB-E.

What is fortunate for Microsoft is that Sony is on the same page, they aren't pushing the envelope because Xbox isn't so for them it isn't worth the risk.