View Single Post
Old January 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
Comparing general purpose, almost-lego, PC hardware to specialized purpose-built hardware is an apples to oranges situation.

The anxiety here is clear: implications for PC gaming. But it's just not relevant.

I'm really interested to see how an APU-like design performs when not burdened by legacy issue like the PC is. Consoles have never been about the most powerful hardware possible, but about elegant design and the best performance for the desired price point.

For this coming generation, price is a bigger consideration that ever -- not just from a consumer perspective, but also from the perspective of manufacturers and developers.

PC gaming has its own issues that shouldn't be part of this discussion.
I don't think you are understanding the situation. We don't care about consoles other than the fact that console gaming holds back PC gaming. It is extremely relevant especially when you look at the garbage companies are putting out now *Cough* MW3. Console are also burdened with other processes and regardless new games that aren't made for PC first aren't going to be up to par with PC gamers standards.

I can't even play MW3 on Xbox after playing BF3 on my PC and I am not even maxing out the graphics.