View Single Post
Old January 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Actually, I don't know how I did it, but I managed to leave the wifi signal on for BOTH the Shaw modem and my old D-Link. All I did was enable WDS on the Shaw wifi (I didn't even enter any MAC address), changed the SSID so that the D-Link and Shaw modem had different names, and lastly changed the router IP address for the D-Link so that it is different than the Shaw wifi modem, and voila!

EDIT: just tried changing the SSID on the Shaw modem to the same name as the D-Link, and everything still seem to work. Guess all that mattered was me changing the router IP and turning on WDS...

EDIT: my only problem now is that I can't share the printer anymore. Connecting it to the D-Link will allow all my wireless devices to print from it, but my desktop, which is connected directly to the Shaw modem, can't see the D-Link router and thus can't see the printer either. I can't connect the printer to the Shaw modem since the USB port onboard apparently can't be used to share devices...sigh...
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock

Last edited by sakage.shinga; January 27, 2012 at 02:12 PM.